RE: [Orgmode] Creating prioritized todo list from GTD project/nextaction

From: Egli Christian \(KIRO 43\)
Subject: RE: [Orgmode] Creating prioritized todo list from GTD project/nextaction list
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:43:24 +0100

Hi Scott

> Well, I really do like having a todo list and planning out the
critical things for my day in the morning and then going down the
> list checking them off. I but I also like having a project view
because that allows me to make sure I come up with the next actions
> for all my commitments. I'm curious if anyone has come up with a nice
way to make this todo list, organize it, but have it link back
> to your next actions for your projects.

> I've tried tagging TODOs with :today:, but you can't reorder them in
the agenda match tag window. What I normally do now is schedule
> the TODOs for today and then I archive them in the agenda view with $
to complete them. The biggest problem with this is that I
> can't reorder the scheduled TODOs to reflect the priority or order in
which I want to do them, and I clutter up my calendar view of
> the day.

> I thought of two solutions and I'm wondering if anyone has implemented
either or come up with another.

> One, rearrange items in the agenda without having to assign them a
time.

Couldn't you assign a priority to the tasks and then sort the agenda
view by priority?

> Two, have a keystroke that you could press on a headline and it would
create a link (or an agenda like display) of that headline in
> a temporary window (or a todo window) where you could use org-mode
controls to rearrange the headlines. If you pressed C-c $ or C-c
> C-t you could archive or complete the tasks and have them be changed
back in the real file.

Huh, this sounds like quite a bit of code to develop.

Christian