Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode version 4.68

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode version 4.68
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:11:39 +0100

Hi Carsten and list,

> Org-mode version 4.68 is available at
> http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org

Great job !  I didn't find time to small, convenient reports, so i send
kind of a "digest", all this happening with latest org-mode (4.68).

* org-publish issues

  C-c C-e A (org-publish-all) won't save the window configuration,
  depending on what buffers are to be saved and published.

  Using timestamps for org-publish is *very convenient*.  But forcing
  re-publication of all the pages (C-u C-c C-e a), makes emacs complains
  about missing directories in ~/.org-timestamps when a project has not
  been normally published first (with C-c C-e P or C-c C-e A).  I think
  forced re-publication should create these directories itself.

* Table navigation / edition

  What about using C-c <return> to insert a plain |---- line *and* go down
  to a cell ?  Currently, it's still bounded to org-insert-heading.

  I was also wondering if it's possible to tell orgtbl-mode not to consider
  each line as a separate row.  For example :

  |---------------------+------------------|
  | Cell#1 Row#1        | Cell#2 Row#1     |
  | (Might this belong  | (...and this     |
  | to the first cell?) | to the second?   |
  |---------------------+------------------|
  | Cell#1 Row#2        | Cell#2 Row#2     |
  | Comment in row#2    | Comment in row#2 |
  |---------------------+------------------|

  would be only *two* rows when exporting to HTML.  (I know i can narrow
  columns, but sometimes it's convenient to actually see the content of all
  the cells...)

* Exporting text before the first heading ?

  It seems that text before the first heading is not exported.  Using
  #+TEXT: might help, but #+TEXT: does not understand links.  Is that
  intentional ?

* *[[link]]* are not boldified when exported to HTML.

* .ics export bugs

  I'm not sure about the definition of X-WR-CALNAME: in .ics files (i can't
  find it in RFCs), but i assume it's the "name" of the calendar.  It's
  currently set up to "OrgMode".  I think it should be the actual name of
  the org file, or a default name for combined agendas.

  Another tiny thing: if the descriptive part of a link (within a heading)
  contains a comma (`,') then the entry in the .ics file will ignore what
  comes before the comma.

Thanks again !

--
Bastien