Re: [Orgmode] #+CATEGORY line being archived

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] #+CATEGORY line being archived
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 00:42:11 +0100

> 1. Bastiens proposal, i.e. placing the parameter lines after the
> top-level heading.  This works as long as the top-level heading itself
> is never pointed to by an agenda entry (the category would be wrong)
> and as long as you neve atempt to archive the top-level heading
> itself.

This is exactly what i do.  I have several projects and i list them
within a single file :

,----
| #+CATEGORY: main_categeory
| #+ARCHIVE:  main_archive::*
|
| * Project 1
| #+CATEGORY: project_1
| #+ARCHIVE:  project1_archive::*
|
| ** task 1
|
| * Project 2
| #+CATEGORY: project_2
| #+ARCHIVE:  project2_archive::*
|
| * Project 1
| #+CATEGORY: project_2
| #+ARCHIVE:  project2_archive::*
`----

Archiving "** task 1" puts it in `project1_archive', as expected.
Archiving "* Project 1" will put it in `main_archive'.

For me "* Project 1" is not part of the project1-related tasks -- not
more than the filename of my main org file is part of this file.  So the
headline "* Project 1" has not to be archived in `project1_archive', but
in `main_archive'.  Hence the normal behavior suits my use very well.

Regards,

--
Bastien