Re: [Orgmode] Re: What does C-c C-r do?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: What does C-c C-r do?
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:32:38 +0200

On Mar 26, 2007, at 17:23, Leo wrote:

On 2007-03-26, Carsten Dominik said:

On Mar 25, 2007, at 10:51, Leo wrote:

Dear all,

I still haven't figured out what `C-c C-r' does. Can someone give me
an example to see the effect of C-c C-r? Thanks in advance.

1. Set all context variables to nil:

(setq org-show-hierarchy-above nil
      org-show-following-heading nil
      org-show-siblings nil)

Since these variables are not nil by default, does that mean C-c C-r
is not very useful by default.

Yes, partially.  C-c C-r does indeed nothing.

The default for show-siblings is nil, so C-u C-c C-r does
something useful in this case.

I personally have them all set to nil to get compact trees,
but I don't do this for the distribution, because people do
not understand outlines well enough and will by accident delete
invisible characters and add text in hidden locations.

- Carsten