Re: [Orgmode] Request: org as minor mode?

From: Jost Burkardt
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Request: org as minor mode?
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 08:46:21 +0200

... forgot to include emacs-orgmode list on CC

Hi Dominik,

reading this discussion, I just want to throw in something, which is
quite a while on my mind: What about deriving org-mode from the
minor-mode outliner "allout-mode", which provides outlining
capabilities for non-text modes (plus some goodies like encryption of
subtrees). Allout manages the key-binding problem with a standard
prefix `C-c <SPACE>' to all keys plus some hotkeys for quick movement,
when you on a heading. That sounds quite like, what you have explained
for orgtbl-mode.

I'd really like to be able to manage my task directly within my source
files (and have the great tagging available!!!). An other use-case
would be managing task within in a emacs-muse file, like planner-mode
does.

I can imagine, that this would be a major effort, esp. how to handle
keywords, like SCHEDULED, HEADLINE,... (within comments?), but as I
said, I would really like your opinion on this.

Jost