Re: [Orgmode] Re: Feature request: HTML table formatting

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Feature request: HTML table formatting
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 06:23:16 +0200

On Apr 12, 2007, at 20:48, Daniel J. Sinder wrote:

I think rejecting vertical rules as a matter of style is a mistake.
 Whether you consider org-mode tables to be a markup or a
spreadsheet, it's peers -- HTML, LaTeX, Gnumeric, Excel, etc. --
will all produce tables with vertical rules if asked to do so.  I'm
wary of tools that enforce style.  I'd prefer to read the style
guide and then decide for myself (that is, use it as a *guide* not
an edict).

Fair enough.

However, if vertical rules are too clunky, difficult,
time-consuming, or low priority to implement, that's an entirely
different matter that I can fully understand.

As I said, I don't want to have a special separator for this,
implementation would be very cumbersome and I'd like
to be able to have ! as a character in a table field.
Maybe something like a special #+FORMAT line above the table
to set special formatting directives.

- Carsten