Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bugs and suggestions for Org 4.70

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bugs and suggestions for Org 4.70
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:38:35 +0200

On Apr 13, 2007, at 14:10, Bastien wrote:

- If a list item contains a number that find itself at the beginning of
a line (within this list item), this number will be considered as a
start for another ordered-list item when exporting.  For example :

Yes, this is a problem.  Again, I would not know how to fix it.

Mmhh. It may require a full rewriting of the lists parsing funcs; i didn't check your code for that, but having spent a good amount of time trying to implement something like this for my old bhl-mode, I know list parsing is
always challenging.

Well, in this case it is even impossible.  How could
you distinguish the two? I guess the only way would be to require an empty line before a new list item, but that is not acceptable.

- I often attach a location to scheduled/deadlined events.  Why not
using LOCATION in addition to SCHEDULED or DEADLINE ? This would also
end up in a new "LOCATION:" entry in the .ics export.  Maybe default
locations could be defined in some #+LOCATIONS: ?

What about this suggestion ?

I dare say this might turn out to be the most useful suggestion i've made so far. As far as i know, having a structured way to store locations for
scheduled tasks or events is quite common in other organizers and
text-based organizers like Org could again prove themselves very flexible
when dealing with this.

Yes, interesting idea, implementation not very fast I am afraid, too many other things on my plate right now.

Thanks for all the great ideas, when I find time I will implement
what I think fits in.

- Carsten