[Orgmode] org-mode as software for Team/Project Management: several issu

From: Ruslan Kosolapov
Subject: [Orgmode] org-mode as software for Team/Project Management: several issues
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 14:50:07 +0700

I need to plan my team work.  I have tried a lot of software, and the
best way I found is wiki using.  Joel Spolsky recommends Excel for
project planning, but Excel (and model of table processors at general)
is not usable for me - I prefer hierarchical lists.

org-mode is pretty good for me, but there are several issues which
blocks my attemts to migrate to org-mode.

First - I unable to found how I can export Agenda views to html.  I
can export to html only file with task description.  But I need tasks
ordered by deadline date, not "as-I-wrote" order.

Second - I want to see month view in Agenda, not only week view.  It
will be very useful to have ability to specify date interval for
Agenda view.  Export to ical can solve this by third-party tools (btw,
Outlook unable to open ical-file, but I not detect reason of problem
yet), but native solution will be useful for me.

Third, most important.  I should be able to present timeline with
deadlines for each task (it is a corporate standard :) ).
In real life plans developed as the following:
  Task1, 4 hours, begin at 2007-05-04
  Task2, 2 hours
  Task3, 1day

Obviously I can calculate deadlines for Task2 and Task3 according to
durations and Task1 start (assuming end of Task1 is a start of Task2
and so on).  But if I can do it, why emacs can not?

I will be happy with the following syntax:
*** NEW Task 1 description IDENTIFIER(task1_id)
    SCHEDULED: <2007-05-04 Птн>    DEADLINE: <task1_id.SCHEDULED+4h>
*** NEW Task 2 description IDENTIFIER(task2_id)
    DEADLINE: <task1_id.DEADLINE+4h>
*** NEW Task 3 description IDENTIFIER(task3_id)
    DEADLINE: <task2_id.DEADLINE+1d>

As far as I understand module for tables calculation already exists,
so, my wish can be implemented by text areas which works like table
cells and have its own identifiers.

Аnybody can suggest something?

PS: sorry for my bad english.

--