RE: [Orgmode] org-mode as software for Team/Project Management: severali

From: Egli Christian \(KIRO 43\)
Subject: RE: [Orgmode] org-mode as software for Team/Project Management: severalissues
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 09:30:54 +0200

 Hi Ruslan

> I need to plan my team work.  I have tried a lot of software, and the
> best way I found is wiki using.  Joel Spolsky recommends Excel for
> project planning, but Excel (and model of table processors at general)
> is not usable for me - I prefer hierarchical lists.

> org-mode is pretty good for me, but there are several issues which
> blocks my attemts to migrate to org-mode.

Your list of requirements is quite impressive. I don't know how easy it
is to adapt
org-mode to fulfill all your needs. You might want to look at
taskjuggler (www.taskjuggler.org).
It doesn't have the wiki feel to it but it features text based entry,
all the project planing tools you could possibly need, export to html
and ical, handles resources and tasks, etc. It also seems to come with a
special emacs mode.

HTH

Christian