Re: [Orgmode] Windows binaries with org-mode preinstalled?

From: Eddward DeVilla
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Windows binaries with org-mode preinstalled?
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 09:36:30 -0500

Actually, I've never installed org-mode with make.  Just unpack the
archive in some tempt directory and copy the .el files someplace where
you want to store emacs packages.  (I have a .emacs_packages
directory.)  If you keep xemacs, there is a second directory of xemacs
only files you'll need.  Then add something like the following to
you're .emacs.

Edd

   ;; set up my own package directory
   (setq load-path
         (append (list nil "~/.emacs_packages") ; ... or where ever you put it
                 load-path))

   ;; setup Org mode
   (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org$" . org-mode))
   (define-key global-map "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
   (define-key global-map "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
   (add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)  ; org-mode buffers only
   (require 'org-install)