Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode 4.72

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode 4.72
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 13:41:11 +0200

The option has been added to the "Navigate Headings" menu.

Thanks.

- Carsten

On Apr 24, 2007, at 16:53, Eddward DeVilla wrote:

On 4/24/07, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

   - C-a can behave specially in headlines when you set the
     variable `org-special-ctrl-a'.  It will bring the cursor
     first back only to the beginning of the headline *text*,
     i.e. after the stars and the TODO keyword, if any.  A second
     C-a will then move the cursor to the beginning of the line.
     If the cursor is already at the beginning of the line, C-a
     will spring *forward* to the headline text.  This was a
     proposal from Leo, based on a request from Scott Jaderholm.

     I have not turned this turned this on by default, should I?

   Changing the behavior of something as common as C-a could be very
confusing to someone just learning org-mode.  I'd be afraid to change
the default.  On the other hand, I think it would be very useful to
folks seriously using org-mode, so I would also say advertise it in
lights.  Maybe put it under Navigate Headings as a checkbox.  If it
could be saved with Save Options under Options, that might not be a
bad idea either.
   Also it's been a while since I've complemented your work.
Org-mode continues to become ever more powerful & flexible and yet
each of the features are simple to use and understand.  The recent
changes to TODO items that allow multiple sequences and done states is
excellent.  I've finally had a chance to start using formulas in
tables and that works great.  The recent changes to the stuck project
matching looks useful and I'll probably have to look into using that.
   Right now my current experiment is with writing a custom transform
on top of orgtbl-to-generic to generate a statically initialized
commented, array of nested C/C++ structures.  I think I want to be
able to go both ways.  Is there a function that can take the same kind
of data that gets passed to table transform functions that can insert
a table into a buffer?  If not I can create an unformatted table and
just hit C-c C-c.

Edd

--
Carsten Dominik