[Orgmode] convert region to html?

From: David O'Toole
Subject: [Orgmode] convert region to html?
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 21:17:52 -0400

I am working on my blog extension for org-publish. I would like to
convert a region of text (say, between two markers) from org-mode
markup into html and then paste the resulting html into another buffer
where I am building a full page. I need to do this from a lisp
program. It says that org-export-as-html will export an active region
but I tried it and it doesn't work in a temp-buffer where
(buffer-file-name) is nil. Anyway, would it be hard to expose a
function like the following?

(defun org-export-region-to-html (beg end)
  "Convert region between BEG and END into HTML, placing the result
  into a new buffer. The new buffer is returned."

David O'Toole
address@hidden
http://dto.freeshell.org/notebook/