Re: [Orgmode] Tag Inheritance

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Tag Inheritance
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 16:14:10 +0200

Please take a look at the variable `org-show-following-heading'.

This is now really a frequently asked question - I am wondering if I should
change the default of this option....

- Carsten

On May 30, 2007, at 15:34, Russell Adams wrote:

I understand from the example in the manual that sublevels inherit the
parent's tags:

* One                   :Top:
** Two                  :Middle:
*** Three               :Bottom:

So "Three" matches Top, Middle, and Bottom.

What I'm confused with is that I may have multiple headings, and all
headings at the same level seem to be inheriting across the same level.

* Major heading
** Item One             :DEV:
** Item Two             :PROD:
** Item Three           :DEV:
** Item Four            :PROD:

I search (C-u C-c \), and match DEV, and I get all four Items
returned.

I search again, and match PROD, and I get Items Two through Four, but
not One.

This looks inconsistent to me. Can someone verify?

I'm using org-4.74 with emacs 21.4.1.

Thanks.

Russell Adams                            address@hidden