Re: [Orgmode] Re: Two bugs

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Two bugs
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 19:05:48 +0200

On May 31, 2007, at 16:47, Leo wrote:

----- Carsten Dominik (2007-05-31) wrote:-----

The motivation for the current behavior is: If you switch to
overview mode, you probably want to see as much of the file as
possible, so my instinct was to put it back to the first heading.
But maybe you are right that this is not good if there are many
screens full of top level headings......

It is also INCONVENIENT when each top level has a lot of level 2
entries. For example when you are looking at a subtree and suddenly
want to see an overview of the document, you often want to get back
to the original subtree after visibility cycling.

However, we agreed that the cursor should be moved to a visible
location.  This means that it will be in a top-level headline
after cycling through overview.  Are you saying that you would
prefer to keep the cursor exactly at its position?  Or maybe I
should push a mark before switching to overview...

- Carsten