Re: [Orgmode] target-links (backlink) relation and global radio targets

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] target-links (backlink) relation and global radio targets
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 14:48:34 +0200

On Jun 8, 2007, at 9:20, Maxim Loginov wrote:

I'm wondering if it is possible to see the all links from the target?
for example, I have project B depending on project A like this:

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO NEXT WAITING DONE
* TODO project A
# <<project A>>

* WAITING project B
  project is waiting completion of [[project A]]

when the project A is finished I'd like to check which one is depends on it and to switch it to state NEXT in order to start working on it. it would be nice
to execute some function when cursor is on target <<project A>> and see
the sparse tree (headlines + some text) with all points where the link to the target occurs. is it possible to implement this with special agenda view?

Not a special agenda view, but you can use `org-occur'
to create the corresponding sparse tree.

In your example:

   C-c / \[project A\] RET

Actually, this is useful, so this will become the default operation
when pressing `C-c C-o' (org-open-at-point) on a target. Thanks. for the idea.

one more question about radio targets:
is it difficult to implement global radio targets list for all files referred
by  org-agenda-files?

No, see

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/1306/match=radio+transmit

and update this list for example every tame agenda view
is called?

could anybody write a code snippet?

How about you yourself if that is functionality you need?

- Carsten