[Orgmode] org-show-todo-tree for part of an org file

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] org-show-todo-tree for part of an org file
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 14:27:23 -0400

Hi Carsten (and list),

Org mode is great!

I use C-c C-v (org-show-todo-tree) alot.  One of my org files is getting
rather largish (8200 lines) and it would be really useful if it was
possible to do the org-show-todo-tree on only part of the file.

What I'm really looking for is a way to do C-c C-v (or some similar key
combination) on the current TODO heading and have org mode only show the
sparse todo tree for everything under the current TODO heading instead
of for the entire file.

My workarounds at the moment are:

   - to use C-c C-k to expand the tree (but that displays a bunch of
     DONE entries I'm really not interested in)

   - to mark the current location before doing C-c C-v and then going
     back to the mark (but that doesn't work if I happen to be in a task
     that is not an open TODO item since that location is now folded).

Is there a way to do this that I'm just not aware of?

Thanks for a great tool!

Regards,
Bernt