Re: [Orgmode] an annoying indentation

From: Eddward DeVilla
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] an annoying indentation
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:36:01 -0500

On 6/12/07, Rick Moynihan <address@hidden> wrote:
Leo wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> Anyone else find the following annoying?
>
> *** heading 1
> - item 1
> - item 2
>
> Now hit tabwith cursor right before '-', it becomes,
>
> *** heading 1
>     - item 1
>       - item 2
>
> Best,

I must admit I do run into this on occasion and it is a little annoying.
  It would (IMHO) be better if the first push of tab aligned with '-
item 1', with subsequent tabs indenting to the next level.  You should
however be restricted to only going one level deeper than the above item.

This said I usually create list items at the same level of indentation
with M-Return.

I hit this a bit, but I'm pretty quick with C-S-_.  Likewise I use
M-return and M-S-return pretty religiously now.  My problem is that
M-right will insert spaces into the following line when it is blank.
I keep having to clear the following line after inserting and
indenting a list entry at the end of a list.

Edd