Re: [Orgmode] an annoying indentation

From: William Henney
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] an annoying indentation
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:44:34 -0500

On 6/15/07, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

On Jun 14, 2007, at 17:02, pete phillips wrote:

>     John> In response to which, Leo <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>> I think '- item 3' still should be aligned to '- item 2'. If user
>>> want to move the item deeper, 'M-right' can be used.
>>>

>     John> I agree with Leo -- or, rather, his proposal matches more
> nicely the
>     John> way I work. I often have lists with some items annotated and
>     John> others not annotated --
>
> I agree with John and Leo.

Wow, what a turnout, and unanimous too.

Note that this will also imply that a list like

- item 1
- item 2
   - item 2a
   - item 2b
- item 3

would be flattened by TAB presses going from top to bottom.

Not according to my understanding, since items 2a and 2b would fall
under the "unless it already has a deeper indentation than that"
clause, so TAB wouldn't touch them. I'm not sure that this is what
everyone else is agreeing to though...

Cheers

Will

--

 Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
 Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia