Re: [Orgmode] Duration Tally

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Duration Tally
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 06:24:43 -0500

> So the discussion must be about how you would like Org-mode to make
> use of such data.  Obviously it would be easy to write (as you
> suggest) a little function that returns all this data as, say,
> a property list.  But then you would still need to use it in
> some way.  Are you suggesting tis as a feature where some users
> (those who can write Lisp code) write their own extensions?
> That is certainly an option.  Are you also envisioning ways
> how Org-mode should use this?

I'm not afraid of coding, I'll just have to pick up lisp. ;]

The idea of the key/value pairs simply means that custom features can
be implemented at any time without changing the core org-mode.

I do like the idea of doing simple searches on the key/value pairs, I
also like the thought of another level of folding. If you have 5
extra lines of k/v pairs under a heading, maybe you don't want to see
them all unless you ask.

The original submitter had the right idea, this allows alot of
expansion and customization with minimal overhead.

Russell Adams                            address@hidden