[Orgmode] Re: Org-mode version 5.01

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode version 5.01
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 11:30:10 -0400

On Jul 3, 2007, at 16:35, Bernt Hansen wrote:

> Thanks!  I've noticed a change in the agenda since 4.79.  I normally
> limit the agenda view to a single day using D and in the past the view
> remembered this setting.  Now in 5.01 C-a a a always goes back to week
> view.  The old behaviour was more convenient for me.

> You can change the default by setting
>
>     (setq org-agenda-ndays 1)
>
> But you are right, it makes sense to make it remember
> the change.
>
> The reason why it does not right now is because 5.01
> also added month and year view, and these are so slow to create
> that I don't want this switch to be remembered.  But I will
> change it back to remember day and week view.

That makes sense.  I'll just set this variable in my .emacs for now.  I
use single day view about 95% of the time and I'd rather switch
day-to-week view when I need it instead of constantly switching back to
day view.

One option for remembering it would be to limit the remembered value to
7 or less.  That might feel weird to new org mode users though when it
doesn't remember the longer time spans.

Thanks for the quick solution :)

Bernt