Re: [Orgmode] Column view questions

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Column view questions
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:23:58 +0200

On Jul 11, 2007, at 0:58, Daniel J. Sinder wrote:

I already have visions of moving my address book into org.  I've set
my sights on finally learning Elisp by writing a vCard-to-org
function (and the reverse).

How well does generating column view scale for hundreds of headlines?

Not very well, unfortunately, it gets dog slow.  You can
keep things manageable structuring you address book into
a hierarchy and only invoking column view for a small
part of the tree.

- Carsten