Re: [Orgmode] Making a list to string

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Making a list to string
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 15:47:51 +0200

On Jul 12, 2007, at 7:23, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
And when I put ';S' after the formula, I get the same as with nothing
after the formula.
Why this error by ';N'?
Also what is the meaning of the strange expansion by concat? Maybe not
neccesary, but I like to understand what is happening.

When you put "N", each field is converted into a number before
it is interpolated into the formula. So "2007-02-02" becomes
2007, and it is inserted *as a number* into the Lisp form.
concat is a function that concatenates string - it cannot handle
numbers, so it throws an error.

- Carsten