[Orgmode] Idea: Quicksilver-like Org-mode (anything.el)

From: Scott Jaderholm
Subject: [Orgmode] Idea: Quicksilver-like Org-mode (anything.el)
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 17:28:00 -0600

Hi all,

So I just ran across anything.el
(http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/anything.el) from Bill
Clementson's blog (http://bc.tech.coop/blog/070711.html). It's a
Quicksilver-like program for Emacs that allows you to quickly select
objects and run actions on them.

The first thing I thought of is how nice it would be to quickly add
TODOs to a project and complete TODOs, without having to navigate to
the buffer where they're located. I'm sure this isn't a new idea.

With anything.el, you could add the task "Move pictures" to the
project "Organize shared drive" by typing F5 Orga RET Move pictures
RET.

You could complete the task by typing F5 Move RET.

Both those are assuming nothing else matches Orga or Move.

Is this something people are interested in?

Here's a quick list of the two objects (Name) and actions I thought
of. I'm sure there are many others.

* Anything.el
** Org-mode
*** Name: Projects (level 2 headings)
**** Action: Create new TODO
**** Action: Create new subheading
**** Action: Complete
**** Action: Archive
*** Name: TODO (level 3 headings)
**** Action: Complete
**** Action: Schedule
**** Action: Set Deadline
**** Action: Clock in
**** Action: Clock out
**** Action: Add note

I'm sorry this email lacks code--it's just an idea.

Thanks for reading,
Scott