[Orgmode] PS file in org-mode distribution/auto-mode-alist and `$'

From: Christian Schlauer
Subject: [Orgmode] PS file in org-mode distribution/auto-mode-alist and `$'
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 22:51:33 +0200

Hi Carsten, hi list!

I noticed that orgcard_letter is included twice in the
zip-distribution:

org-5.03/orgcard_letter.pdf
org-5.03/orgcard_letter.ps

As you distribute only PDF files for the other documentation files, I
guess you didn't intend to include orgcard_letter.ps.

Another (tiny) thing: in (info "(org)Activation"), you write

     (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org$" . org-mode))

Long ago, I had noticed that most other authors use \\' instead of $
in the above line (see for example C-h v auto-mode-alist RET).
Recently, Stefan Monnier wrote in a posting
<news:address@hidden> the following
about adding to auto-mode-alist:

,----
| The "end of string" mark should be "\\'" rather than "$" (which
| means "end of line").
`----

I don't know if it really matters, but if you changed that in the
documentation it would be at least more consistent with what seems to
be "common practice" (and I wouldn't wonder "hmm -- why is this
different? ;-).

Regards,

Christian