Re: [Orgmode] Integration of Org mode and Gnus

From: Georg C. F. Greve
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Integration of Org mode and Gnus
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:29:08 +0200

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:04:52 +0200
Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:

 b> I think there is another solution:

 b> 1. Make C-c l (org-store-link) store message-id so that
 b> org-insert-link will insert something like:

 b>   [[gnus:nnml:mail.compas#<address@hidden>][Message
 b>   description]

 b>   intead of the current format:

 b>   [[gnus:nnml:mail.compas#2306][Message description]]

Yes, this would also solve the problem.

I guess that this will also require an update of the follow link
function in Org?

If I try to add a link with message ID such as the one above by hand, I
cannot follow it (it seems to try to interpret the message ID as article
number in the group).

Since I know which group I am asking to move things to, being able to
link to the message ID directly would definitely solve the problem, and
maybe even more elegantly, as it should be robust against resorting the
mail group.

Regards,
Georg

--