[Orgmode] org-mode to LaTeX export

From: Charles Cave
Subject: [Orgmode] org-mode to LaTeX export
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:31:02 +1000

There have been a few discussions on a facility for org-mode to export a buffer
into LaTeX. I was wondering what is the planned scope of this work?

I would like to be able to write an article in org-mode then create a LaTeX
document
using the following transformations which should be configurable:

Headings
*
**
***
and so on should be converted to the appropriate {chapter} {section} tags

*bold* /italic/ markup should be tagged

Lists, numbered and unnumbered be converted into the appropriate LaTeX
structures.

I wrote a Perl script to do most of this work but I don't know enough Lisp to
write a similar program.

Who is doing the work on LaTeX export?
What features will you support?
How configurable will it be?

Many thanks
Charles

P.S. I am working on an update to my org-mode and GTD article.

Charles Cave
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Email:  address@hidden