Re: [Orgmode] [c]ompute property value ?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [c]ompute property value ?
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 23:24:38 +0200

On Jul 16, 2007, at 11:30, Bastien wrote:

The problem is that the summary type is a property of the
column view format, not of the property itself.

Yes, i inferred that from the fact that the summary type is
automatically updated when changing the property value from
the column view.

So it is not entirely obvious how and with what scope this command
should be interpreted - even though I think we should have it.

So far as C-c C-x C-c does the updating job by computing the summary, i
guess we just need a function that replaces the values of the properties
when they exist (in parent and children).

In fact, constructing the column view *does* replace the property
value where it exists.  Still, an independent function, callable
from hooks would be good.

- Carsten

--
Carsten Dominik