[Orgmode] promote/demote oddities

From: Eddward DeVilla
Subject: [Orgmode] promote/demote oddities
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 13:32:01 -0500

I found two problems is promotion and demotion.  This is with org-more
5.03 on emacs 21.1.1 and 21.3.50.1.

First, given the file

------- test.org ------
* h 1
 t 1
*** h 1 1
   t 1
*** h 1 2
   t 1 2

----------------------

Using M-S-right on heading 'h 1' produces

------- test.org ------
*** h 1
 t 1
***** h 1 1
   t 1
***** h 1 2
   t 1 2

----------------------

I would have expected the text lines to indent as well.

Second, given the file

------- test.org ------
* h 2
 - i 1
 - i 2

----------------------

If I use M-S-right on 'i 1', nothing happens.  (This may be new
intentional behavior.)  If I use M-S-right I get

------- test.org ------
* h 2
   - i 1
 - i 2

----------------------

This is expected since demotion now shifts by two.  However if I try
to promote 'i 1' again using M-S-left I get

* h 2
     - i 1
 - i 2

It looks like it is increase the indent by the current indent minus 2.
In the debugger it looks like delta in org-indent-item (line 6192) is
2 for M-S-right and the current indent -2 for M-S-left.  I'm having a
little trouble following the logic of how it is set.

Edd