Re: [Orgmode] Re: agenda dispatcher - show different sets of deadlines -

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: agenda dispatcher - show different sets of deadlines - dispatch by string instead only by char
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:03:22 +0200

Rainer Stengele <address@hidden> writes:

> ok - having more than 1 character to dispatch the agenda is a bad idea
> because it also needs a RETURN to finish the selection.

Agreed.  It's better to stick to current (fast) interface.

> anybody else doing stuff like that any other way?

I use the agenda dispatcher a lot, but my `org-agenda-custom-commands'
is quite basic:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("N" todo "NEXT" nil)
        ("I" todo "INPROGRESS" nil)
        ("r" tags-todo "Read" nil)
        ("w" tags-todo "Write" nil)
        ("l" tags-todo "@LAB" nil)
        ("h" tags-todo "@HOME" nil)))

I'm mainly using the "N" and "I" command. I'm sure i could make this
interface to better suit my needs, but can't find time for this.

If you feel like writing a little tutorial on how you use the Agenda
Dispatcher, please do!

--
Bastien