[Orgmode] Automatic Elapsed Time Stamps?

From: Alan Dove
Subject: [Orgmode] Automatic Elapsed Time Stamps?
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 16:07:39 -0400

Hey, folks:

In my work, I often take notes at a meeting while simultaneously taping it. To refer back to specific parts of the tape later, I periodically check the elapsed time on the digital recorder, and enter that in my notes (which I take in org-mode, of course). This works, but it seems to me there should be a better solution. Given all of org-mode's timestamp and clocking capabilities, is there some way I can start a clock, then have it automatically insert stamps with the elapsed time at set intervals as I type? If not, can anyone suggest some elisp functions I might explore to try to hack this together as a macro?

Thanks very much.

          --Alan

--
Alan Dove, Ph.D.