Re: [Orgmode] Integration of Org mode and mairix

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Integration of Org mode and mairix
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 19:54:11 +0200

"Georg C. F. Greve" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 21:44:48 -0400
> Xiao-Yong Jin <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>  xj> Perhaps we should actually suggest Carsten build nnir support in
>  xj> org-mode and at the same time persuade the maintainer of nnir.el to
>  xj> support mairix?  ;-)
>
> I think this could be a clean solution to the problem.

Here is a patch against latest org-mode 5.04 as a first attempt of
implementing custom link-types (stored in `org-link-custom-types'.)

It lets you define an alist of custom link-types. See the docstring of
`org-link-custom-types'.

Then you need to define the follow/store functions by yourself. Here are
the defuns I use (in addition to Georg's mairix.el):

I think the nnir.el support could be provided via custom link types,
instead of being hardcoded within org.el.

Please test it and give me feedback!

PS: i started to have a look at nnir.el to make it aware of mairix. But
i'm not sure i'll have time for this till the end of the week.

--
Bastien