Re: [Orgmode] Interpretation of priorities in org-mode

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Interpretation of priorities in org-mode
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 07:05:44 +0200

On Aug 2, 2007, at 14:13, Egli Christian (KIRO 41) wrote:

What I do is that I schedule the tasks that I want to do on a particular
day. I also customize the agenda to show unscheduled TODOs, so my
(weekly) agenda shows me the tasks that haven't been scheduled (probably not so important, a MAYBE in GTD speak) and the tasks that are scheduled
for a particular day. I look at the current day and see the tasks that
are up for this day.

What I'd like to do is to be able to schedule a task for a given week.
Say I know that I want to hand in a paper which is due in two weeks but
this week is very busy and I have no time to work on it. So I want to
schedule it for next week. At the moment I just schedule it for next
monday but I would like to be flexible next week and do the paper maybe
on another day next week depending on other load. Basically I would like
the agenda to show me something along the following:

This sounds complex, and it seems to me that scheduling these things
for the Monday and then doing them during the week is still the
simplest solution.

- Carsten