Re: [Orgmode] - before *, special C-a with plain lists, and * to - conve

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] - before *, special C-a with plain lists, and * to - conversion
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 14:20:35 +0200

On Aug 11, 2007, at 4:25, Bastien wrote:

This sounds indeed familiar, so this has been discussed before. What
do people thing who use the special C-a for headlines? Should we have
this in items as well???

Why not - but only as an option, no?

My ideas was to not use a special option, but to assume that
if people want this for headlines, they will also want this for
items.  Is that assumption wrong?

Since this new special C-a behavior for lists would be available in
other major modes through orgstruct-mode (which is not the case of the
actual special C-a, only relevant in org-mode), it seems to me that we
need to be very sober on such a change.

No, orgstruct-mode will not incorporate this feature.

- Carsten