Re: [Orgmode] Feature request: Selective encryption

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Feature request: Selective encryption
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 10:20:42 +0200

Hi John,

[congratulations for your paper on your org usage, this is wonderful]

   Yes, this is just what I'm thinking too, though I'd like the option of
binding
   different CRYPT tags to different keys or passwords.  So, I could have
   WORK_CRYPT, HOME_CRYPT, etc., and each would have its own separate
protection.
   This would allow multiple people to have their own private regions within the
   same org-mode file.

I agree with that.

   allout.el goes a long way toward providing all of the above, I just wasn't
   fond of the mechanism (I tried porting it straight to org-mode one day, then
   stopped).  For one thing, I want to use my GnuPG public key for encryption,
   not a symmetric cipher.  That needs to be configurable.

I do not see how you would use multiple keys/password per file
with only your GNUpg key. Did I miss something here ?

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org