Re: [Orgmode] insert item under previous headline (feature request?)

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] insert item under previous headline (feature request?)
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 20:19:32 +0200

Maxim Loginov <address@hidden> writes:

> usually I look for the paper in internet and use remember to insert
> such TODOs, and temporarily modify remember template in order not to
> seek "* TODO read papers" headline every time. It would be good if
> org-mode can remember the last used headline and insert newly created
> TODO under it for example using prefix argument 0 (C-u 0 M-x remember)
>
> I'm wondering if such feature exist or can be implemented?

I don't know about inserting "the last used headline" but it would
certainly be useful to be able to call the last used *template*.

Maybe just an option saying org-remember-last-template-is-default so
that you'll have to choose a template the first time you call
`remember', and the next calls to `remember' will use this template
until you call `remember' again with a prefix. (If we want to use
another template and forgot to call `remember' with a prefix then no
problem, we can always switch from within the `remember' buffer.)

Further more: the first template in `org-remember-templates' could be
silently used as the default template unless we call `remember' with a
prefix argument (possible the key for the template).

Hence the meaning of the prefix to M-x remember would be something like
"change the default/last template". I guess such a set up might be okay
for those who heavily use `remember' to store TODOs.

--
Bastien