Re: [Orgmode] Re: log on state change

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: log on state change
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 05:32:59 +0200

On Sep 4, 2007, at 18:43, Bastien wrote:

Leo <address@hidden> writes:

Using tags to setup todo looks unclean to me. However it is very nice to
be able to set up todo using an interface similar to tags.

And since the argument to org-todo has become completely useless because
of this feature. I propose the following:

    C-c C-t (`org-todo') brings up an interface similar to the one for
    org-set-tags but only for todos (C-c C-c only for tags)

I wish we could stick to the yes-very-busy C-c C-c key for setting both
TODOs and tags.

I am no longer sure this is a good idea, if at all this will be optional.

Here is another suggestion: why not restrict the fast selection to TODO
keywords when the point is at TODO keywords, and to tags when the point
is on tags?

Definitely a NO. Who would want to move the cursor before setting tags???

Another argument to let C-c C-t continue its job is that it is able to
distinguish between "sequence" TODOs and "type" TODOs. This is extremely
useful -- especially when C-c C-t is bound to `org-agenda-todo' and you
don't remember whether the expected TODO keywords for a headline are
part of a sequence or are types.

Interesting to know that you are using this distinction. I was wondering
if anybody did.

- Carsten