Re: [Orgmode] Re: Feature request: Selective encryption

From: Dmitri Minaev
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Feature request: Selective encryption
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 09:18:38 +0500

On 9/5/07, Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> wrote:
>    I use crypt++.el, and I save the encrypted files with double
>    extension: filename.org.gpg. Such files are opened in org-mode after
>    decryption.
>
> Do you have code to automatically decrypt your org file when
> selecting them -i.e. find-file and friends ?

Er, well, nothing special. Just the very basic

(require 'crypt++)
(setq crypt-encryption-type 'gpg)

When I try to find-file or write-file with the extension .gpg, it asks
me for a password, de-/encrypts it and sets the current major mode
depending on the part of the filename immediately preceding .gpg. So,
when I open my pwd.org.gpg list, it's opened in org-mode.

--
With best regards,
Dmitri Minaev

Russian history blog: http://minaev.blogspot.com