Re: [Orgmode] Re: log on state change

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: log on state change
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 21:38:18 +0200

On Sep 14, 2007, at 19:56, Bernt Hansen wrote:

On Sep 1, 2007, at 9:46, Cezar wrote:

  I would like to record some comments JUST on certain states,
for example I want to mark a task as WAITING and give it a reason,
or the "thing" I am waiting for.

This will be possible in the next version with

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO WAITING(@) | DONE
#+STARTUP: lognotestate

Won't that conflict with org-use-fast-todo-selection for changing state?

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) STARTED(s) WAITING(w) APPT(a) INVOICE(i) | DONE(d) DEFERRED(p) CANCELLED(c)

Is there a way to specify both?

Yes.

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) STARTED(s) WAITING(w@) APPT(a) INVOICE(i@) | DONE(d) DEFERRED(p@) CANCELLED(c@)

The only restriction is that you no longer can use "@" as a
selection character for fast TODO selection.

- Carsten