Re: [Orgmode] pabbrev

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] pabbrev
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 13:44:53 +0200

On Sep 17, 2007, at 9:41, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer wrote:

Hi all,

I just discovered pabbrev-mode (http://homepages.cs.ncl.ac.uk/phillip.lord/download/emacs/ pabbrev.el), which seems really great, but in org-mode (5.09) the suggestions don't show up until i press TAB twice (meaning that if there are several suggestions, I have to press 0-9 to choose one each time). Does anyone know of a way to get it to work alright with org-mode? (I understand that the TAB key is "taken" for view-cycling when in headlines, but I can't see any good reason why the suggestions shouldn't automatically show up in org-mode...)

I am curious if you find this useful after a while, Phillip himself
says that it is more useful for programming than for writing text.
It works much better for repetitive text than for expressive text.

I *think* you need to add org-self-insert-command and (if you
use orgtbl-mode) orgtbl-selt-insert-command to the list in
pabbrev-expand-after-command-list.

- Carsten