Re: [Orgmode] Re: Set timestamp duration

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Set timestamp duration
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:58:42 +0200

On Sep 20, 2007, at 16:42, Bastien wrote:

Nuutti Kotivuori <address@hidden> writes:

The problem with that is that when I press C-c . it defaults to the
current date and time when over a timestamp, instead of the time that
is specified on the timestamp - so to modify it, I have to do as much
work as I did when creating it.

I think it should defaults to the date specified by the timestamp, as it
already does when the point is at the end of "<2007-05-16 Wed>--"

For me, the *duration* of an appointment is the main piece of
information I usually have - not when it is going to end. So I don't
want to spend my measly brain cells to consider what's 5 and a half
hours from 11:40, but just say 5:30 as the duration (or 5h30 or 5.5 or
whatever).

Yes.  Maybe we could have something like this for duration:

* Pick up Sam at school <2007-05-16 Wed 12:30 +1w :2h>
                                                  ^^^

Hmmm, I am not in favor of a new syntax inside the time stamp,  but
I would like to think about a special syntax understood by org-read-date
to specify time ranges by something like 10:25+2:30.  Just for those
of us having trouble to compute with the Babylonian base 60 :-)

Comments?

- Carsten