Re: [Orgmode] Integration of Org mode and mairix

From: Georg C. F. Greve
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Integration of Org mode and mairix
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 19:38:32 +0200

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 15:05:31 -0700
Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

 cd> http://orgmode.org/org.html#Adding-hyperlink-types

Thanks a lot.

I now created org-mairix-gnus.el to hook mairix into Org mode using Gnus
as the MUA. This is essentially the same functionality (minus threading
capabilities) so it can be used instead of the patch. A simple

(require 'org-mairix-gnus)

in your .gnus should do the job.

Prerequisites are that mairix is set up, and that the variable

              mairix-gnus-results-group

is set to whatever you're using to display mairix search results.

I'd still like to clean up the code, however, and am wondering about
potential threaded search. Would it be possible to

 a) give additional arguments to the function to open the link?

or

 b) have different functions to follow the link?

It strikes me that a might be much easier than b, though.

Regards,
Georg

Georg C. F. Greve                                 <address@hidden>
Free Software Foundation Europe                  (http://fsfeurope.org)