Re: [Orgmode] Integration of Org mode with Mairix: org-mairix.el

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Integration of Org mode with Mairix: org-mairix.el
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 16:50:42 +0200

"Georg C. F. Greve" <address@hidden> writes:

> I've taken a little bit of time to clean up the integration of Mairix
> with Org.

Great!

> The weakest point right now is the selection of the Gnus group upon
> matching, as I am still looking for a way to do this in Gnus that will
> not generate zombies.

Please have a look at the patch below and tell me if it solves the issue
above. Look for the small FIXME: (bzg) cookies in the patch.

> But overall I'm quite happy now: By default, this will pull an entire
> thread into the search group and automatically select the mail that
> was linked to.

BTW, this might be just personal taste, but I would prefer a shorter
syntax for thread searches (like mairix:t).

Right now " --thread" in the link is converted as "%20--thread" and this
is not parsed by the (split-string ... " ") part of your code.

> Please test, help debug and extend. I don't have the time to maintain
> this actively, but would be happy if people found it useful.

This *is* definitely very useful!

Bastien