[Orgmode] org-mode create TODO from anywhere

From: RIchard
Subject: [Orgmode] org-mode create TODO from anywhere
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 11:22:24 +0000 (UTC)

I also posted this to the mailing list - I hope this isn't a duplicate?

Is there a function create a TODO item from any file - at the moment I call
"remember" which has the necessary hooks into org mode, but remember and
org-remember all insist on making a link. This doesn't work from a temprorary or
non-linkable buffer. I'm sure there is a function to bind to a global key to
create a non linked "task" but I can't see it. Thanks for any help.

Also, I have

(setq org-return-follows-link t)

but hitting return on a link in an org file in org-mode simply breaks the link.
Os there something else I need to set to make org-return follow a link?