Re: [Orgmode] Wish list: Storing links and enabling MIME actions on file

From: William Henney
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Wish list: Storing links and enabling MIME actions on files
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 12:51:36 -0500

On 9/27/07, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:
> > I'd like to be able to link to the file easily for my org document and
> > have it invoke the appropriate viewer as defined in my MIME setup.
>
> Org uses the local mailcap setup to decide what application to open a
> file with.  Don't you have this on your computer?
>
> ~$ man mailcap

This is just for linux/unix, but things work fine for me on Mac OS X
too (e.g., file:foo.pdf links open in my default PDF viewer).

This should have been set up out of the box by one of the following
variables, depending on your system

`org-file-apps-defaults-macosx'
`org-file-apps-defaults-windowsnt'
`org-file-apps-defaults-gnu'

Cheers

Will

--

  Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia