Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-registry.el v0.1 - a registry for Org links

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-registry.el v0.1 - a registry for Org links
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 18:29:10 +0200

Fabian Braennstroem <address@hidden> writes:

> I could not find any updating of the links when moving and copying
> files and directories with dired... did I miss it :-)

No you don't :)

The registry by itself is not able to update Org files and tell them
about new locations for files that are linked in them. Just as it is
not currently able to track URL renaming...

> It is probably 'just' a hook for dired, which changes the registry
> entry and corresponding link according to the destination directory!?

That's it. Not a hook though, but an advice to `dired-do-rename'. It
should go through all org-agenda-files and replace the old file names
with the new ones.

Would that suit you?

PS: no time for this right now, I'm moving in London tomorrow morning...

--
Bastien

--
Bastien