[Orgmode] Re: Progress logging with org-mode

From: Tom Weissmann
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Progress logging with org-mode
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 11:02:35 +0000 (UTC)

Carsten Dominik <dominik <at> science.uva.nl> writes:

> The point is that the next clock entry is inserted *before* the
> previous ones,
> and in my setting this does not change the indentation of the entries
> that were
> already there...

But it only as long as they're not indented by some foolish user, afterwards. I
confess I tweak, split and merge clocks quite a lot, as well as re-edit their
notes, which is why I care about them having robust and consistent indentation.

Very often I come back from a meeting, clock out, and then split the time
between multiple tasks that happened to be treated by the meeting. It's probably
cleaner to think of each meeting as an individual task, but when you're logging
time with a view to billing, that's not always what you want.

Cheers,
Tom SW