Re: [Orgmode] FR: Using properties to customize global settings on a pe

From: bzg
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] FR: Using properties to customize global settings on a per-entry basis
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 05:06:56 +0200 (CEST)

>>> I think using LOGGING is a bit better.
>>
>> So what do I do?  More votes?
>
> If you want to start using the facility for generally overriding Lisp
> values, then your original proposal is better.  But if this is just going
> to be for a few exceptions, LOGGING fits much better with the
> present scheme and docs.

Granted.

But to some respect Org has its own definition of 'options' (like
startup options) and I think it's clearer for users to be offered
to  use these Org options first.

A general mechanism to set org-log-done for each subtree looks
nice, but then the user will be able to mix org-log-done in its
main config, lognotedone in the startup options, and org-log-done
for some trees.  Good for advanced users, maybe slightly confusing
for others.

(I know it's bad practice to speak for "others" so I won't rely/dwell
on this too much... others can speak for themselves!)

--
Bastien