Re: [Orgmode] depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatically

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatically
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 04:37:46 +0100

Russell Adams <address@hidden> writes:

> I love this discussion on properties for dependencies, but does anyone
> have a suggestion on how to visualize it?

Building a sparse tree with headlines that are affected by actions
possibily triggered from the current task?

> After you setup all these triggers, you still need a central place to
> view the overview and steps involved (I'm thinking project management
> specifically).

Trying to figure this out will surely help designing the right
implementation for task dependencies -- but maybe we've already
speculated way too far and should refrain from getting the whole
picture at once (I take responsability, if needed :)

> Part of the original properties discussion revolved around project
> management, dependencies, DURATION, and the ability to see a timeline
> based on relative duration instead of schedule.

Yes, I can remember that.  Good old days.

> Would an updated agenda view suffice? Would we need a way to link to
> items and manually maintain order? Will our heros finally subdue the
> evil Dr. Klan? Will the mysterious Gantt chart ever emerge?

I guess most people in this list lost their jobs already anyway.

--
Bastien