[Orgmode] Re: depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatically

From: Christian Egli
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatically
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 09:44:24 +0000 (UTC)

Eddward DeVilla <eddward <at> gmail.com> writes:

>     I've been waiting to see if org might develop something like todo
> dependency ordering.  Seems like one could use this with and estimated
> time to complete a todo item to generate a milestone table or more
> easily estimate how long a group of tasks will require to complete or
> when the soonest a given step could begin.

One of org-mode biggest strengths is its simplicity. I do not want it to turn
into a feature ridden dinosaur that is impossible to maintain.

I keep my projects simple. I plan not for the sake of planning but to get an
overview. So for dependency tracking I usually just reorder my tasks. I don't
want to fidget with my plan all day. I want to get things done :-)

To that end my plea is to keep org mode simple. That's why John's proposal
appeals to me. It is flexible and delegates the complexity to emacs lisp instead
of inventing another micro language for dependency tracking.

Christian