[Orgmode] Re: relative scheduling

From: Rainer Stengele
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: relative scheduling
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 22:26:22 +0200

Bastien schrieb:
John Rakestraw <address@hidden> writes:

Perhaps this is personal preference, but somehow it seems more
reasonable to me to reschedule from today. This not only avoids
problems if (I don't know that) an event is already scheduled, but it
also fits in better with my thinking about tasks. Even if it's Monday
and I'm thinking about rescheduling a task that's now scheduled for
Wednesday, I'm still inclined to think about the new date relative to
today rather than relative to Wednesday.

So, even if it's merely my personal preference, that's my vote ;).

Since we're voting, I hope I'll cause no damage to any further agreement
by voting for the *other* solution :)

Most of the time, I'm rescheduling when:

1. the date of the event moved; in this case, it easier to reschedule
   relatively to the initial date.

2. the date is *today* and I want to delay the task: in this case, there
   is no difference between the two solution :)

Okay, you might ponder my vote like this: (* vote .75)

I see passed events in agenda view and therefore see easily how may days they are already "behind".

Hence I would personally (!) also find it more "intuitive" to reschedule relatively.

rainer